Hellawell Custom's Project Thread

Yes amazon.ca is what we use. With the new business I am getting I might just invest in prime. Just got to find cheap prices that offer prime
So far 7-8$ is the norm.

1 Like

Just bought 5 of these bad boys for 60$ Decided to upgrade to the 1/4" instead of the .125" Hoping that solves my jaged edge issue on my acrylic glass. The 90IPM seems to vibrate like crazy. I seem to be getting lots of sales for LED Signs. So Iā€™m also considering setting up some sort of compressed air setup to cool the bit.

Another way to cool the bit is to make a tank that will hold water and carve the acrylic submerged :slight_smile:

Would you mind supplying the link to these bits? They look interesting and the price seems good.
Thanks!

Damn it! ā€¦

certainely (5) 30 degree angle x1/4" carbide bits engraving and scoring tools 2002-2500.030 | eBay

Iā€™ll see if I can find them on amazon.ca. Have you ever found engraving bits like those in a 1/4" shank? Thatā€™s the main reason I bought the ones above, kind of sucks I just spent 60$ and now I find out they wonā€™t be the greatest :frowning:

Iā€™ve spent quite a bit of time on acrylic threads in this forum, all just suggest a 20 or 30 degree engraving bit. So I figured when the listing said 30 degree engraving and scoring bit I figured great this should work no problem, and even better it has the 1/4" shank. Never seen the flat tip suggestion, not saying it wasnā€™t mentioned,

1 Like

Havenā€™t been on the forums in a while! Been super busy with a new venture I am working on and these signs have kept me real busy as well. I have probably sold about 70-80 signs now. Here is one I did for a local towing company. Oh and I finally got a DSLR Camera :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

And make sure you use BLUE LOCTITE!

1 Like

On the acrylic or in the power supply?

Iā€™m just joking. Iā€™m having some fun at Philā€™s expense.

1 Like

Signs are looking great! I cant wait to get a machine and start making stuff.

Side noteā€¦ I am going to change my screen name to ā€œBlue Locktiteā€. That way, every day I will get mentions on the forum.

1 Like

oh I was too! :stuck_out_tongue:

@RyanBallard thanks for the kind words! Iā€™m using new bits, and canā€™t seem to keep the tip from breaking -.-

ill have to try those and hope they hold up. Iā€™m on my 4th bit.