(HELP) How to setup Fusion 360 to communicate with the X-Carve

Hello all, I’m new to the X-Carve and I am trying to learn as much as I can about this specific CNC before shelling out the cash. I’m a professional user of Inventor and SolidWorks, so 3D modeling is of no concern for me. However, most of the forum topics here seem to be geared to graphic design standards. Even Easel (I created an account to play around), is geared to 2D graphic stuff.

I would prefer to continue using the software I am comfortable with (Inventor/SolidWorks), however if I need to learn new software, that’s not a big deal.

In my spare time I also design and build Combat Robots (think Battlebots, but smaller), so I have no doubt in my ability to assemble the X-Carve.

I also have some experience using MasterCam & AlphaCam, but again those software both allow you to import solid models from the software I am experienced in.

At this point, I guess my question is: Is there a way to use solid models with the X-Carve? I read a post about Fusion 360, so I got a license for that, but how do I set that up so it properly communicates with the X-Carve?
Creating tools, specifying a holder, Feed & Speed, ect.

Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you, Bryant

1 Like

Thank you so much for replying!

Awesome! I’m glad to hear that I’m on the right path at least.

I think Fusion 360 will do what I need it to. I just need help setting up tools, holders, feed & speed, ect. in relation to the X-Carve. My past experiences with CAM software has been from a creating toolpaths and selecting tools. But I’ve never had to setup the software for a specific CNC.

1 Like