Help text letters on top of one another

So I’m getting a bit frustrated w/ my current issue with Easel Pro and carving text. I’m attempting to carve a sign and am continually running into an issue that has got me baffled. When I bring in my text all looks good in the preview in both the roughing and detail passes. When it carves, I continually get two letters that merge into one letter. It only happens on singular instance of the carve the rest of the text comes out perfectly. This is the third instance today of this occurring. I’ve tried different text, adding an additional space between the letters and nothing seems to work. I’ve looking throughout the forum and didn’t come up with anything similar. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I’m presuming that the letters run together e.g. L and A run together. Smaller finishing bit size may help here, but it may be useful for you to share the project?

James thanks for the reply.in this case it is the O and U.

Does it happen in the same spot?
How does the belt look in the area where you’re having trouble?
Russell

1 Like

can you zoom out and show the entire project?

You may want to run the Easel simulation I’d bet that PART of those letters are carved, then the cnc goes elsewhere, maybe crashes into the side or a clamp, then comes back to carve the rest and as a result of the crash, the position is off, thus the 2nd portion of that text is out of place and overlapped.

Might want to Share the project as well via the share link… Simple Method - How To send a friend your Easel Project - YouTube

1 Like

Russell that’s the weird thing, it’s not the same location. Previously it was lower/bottom of the piece. Today it was center left. Go figure🤨

2 Likes

Nope not in the same spot, this issue was mid-center to the piece. Previous issue was lower center. I’ll check the belts this evening.

2 Likes

Thanks Seth but I’m not seeing any contact with a clamp. I’ll run it again tonight and record what happens.

2 Likes

Seth, I have shared the project as public BTW good video, very informative.

2 Likes

Interestingly when I look at the simulation of the tool path, when the letter O finishes carving it goes to the far right of the board outline then returns for the letter U and that is where the overlap occurs. Nowhere else in the run does this happen.

1 Like

this is related to the project to large for your machine.
the way you’re trying to do this is causing your “Z” crash into Y2

rotate your project 90 degrees and turn on tiling and you should be good to go

2 Likes

Thanks Ken, I was just playing w/ the rotation of 270 degrees so I am tracking. That said, I never used tiling before so this should be fun. Any recommendations?

1 Like

this might help, if not put your fingers to work on your keyboard

FYI: if you turn on your machine, baby sit it to the end. don’t just turn it on leave unattended.

Magic of Tiling BIG Signs With a Small CNC - VCarve / Onefinity CNC - YouTube

happy carven

1 Like

I had that happen a few times i had entered letters one at a time typed it all in at one word worked

1 Like