Help With my 2 Stage Carve going wrong

I followed Phil’s G28 Video guide and this is my second day using it. I wish I would of looked into this earlier! Saving me lots of time setting up XY Zero and looks like it will fix my issues of losing carves due to random connection issues Ive had.

I’d love to redo my bump stop one more time, and make it so that I am not losing so much cut space.

1 Like

Cut isn’t even finished and I can already tell the same issue is most likely going to happen… :frowning:

Yes I fixed my easel document both slots set at 31mm. Double checked before carving. About to flip right now making sure the edge of the board on the y axis is still agaisnt the y axis when I flipped the board. How do I check squareness of the gantry?

Hmmm fixed that. I don’t think that would affect the smaller slot though would it? Because right now the only big problem I’m having is the slot not cutting out and meeting the other slot.

I’ll try checking the squareness of the gantry after this cut finishes with my digital calipers

I don’t think the bit I have is able to go that far down, let me send a picture of the bit. I figure the bit can only go down so far since the bottom part of the bit is thinner than the top of it,

If the depth goes past the cutting part will it not ruin the slot? Should I just cut down as far as I can, and then make the slot for the LED strip deeper to compensate?

“Without a PERFECT pin setup, there’s no way you could get the 2 small slots to line up.”

Oh… then maybe that is my issue, I was under the assumption that if I could get the zero to be exact that It wouldn’t be a problem to line up the slots or at least get them to be almost identical. Right now they are off by quite a bit.

Must of been the bump stop! Here is my base i cut after using the new bump stop, the two slots line up perfectly!

How would I go about resquaring the gantry? Looks Like it is off by 1.15mm. Do I just shut down the machine and push the gantry back a bit on the 1 side?

I was doing a search on making the gantry square I remember you posting about making some sort of tab that you could flip down to make sure they are both square, did you ever land up making them?

using such a small bit because the acrylic I use is .095" (2.4mm) thick. Its the only somewhat affordable size I can find locally and that is precut. I’ve never cut acrylic and Ive been told it isn’t easy to cut. I pay about 9$ for an 8"x10"x0.95" Piece of acrylic. I’ve checked amazon.ca and cant for the life of me find anything similar in price. I’ve sent a few emails and calls out to place in Ontario that could maybe ship me some glass, hoping I can find a dealer that can sell me .25" precut for a good price.

I know it’s brutal. Right now I am using 8x10x0.093 acrylic from homedepot its about 8$ a sheet. I love it cause I don’t have to cut the acrylic, but for some reason HomeDepot refuses to order me any. They only get in 3 at a time and it usually takes them 2-3 weeks to get more in, I’ve been going in frequently trying to figure out a way to convince them to order more.

Kasey, just a thought but try finding the items online (Homedepot.ca). I am not sure if what you are after is there but there are quite a few listings.
Russell

It doesn’t look like the site let’s you order them online. I tried a few times with no luck :frowning:

I am a picture framer in the states. Try talking to a professional local picture framer in your area to see if they will sell you plexiglass/ acrylic. They have the tools to cut plexiglass to size from large sheets.