Here's my dust solution

Just finished a quick design that holds my rigid vacuum. The square nozzle that came with it is pretty good at picking up the chips and it’s 5HP so plenty of suction. Just 3D print and insert tip, easy to remove after your done milling to clean up and it holds it pretty tight and close to the bit. I printed it in white to get the right fitment, now to print it in black to match :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway, hope you like!

10 Likes

That looks great!

Thats kinda like something I envisioned for my machine, once I get it and assemble it. (soon!)

I like the attatchment methos although I dont have a 3D printer or access to one, I may try to cobble something to make it work.

I do like that Nico :smile:

Having spent two hours today holding a vacuum nozzle while cutting copper sheet, I defo need something like this. I don’t have a 3d printer but I do have an X-Carve, so think I can throw something together.

Cheers

Ian

Nice work @NicoDarrow that’s cool that you 3D printed the white part. Thanks for sharing.

Yup, 3D printed. For those that don’t have printers, you can use a service like shapeways and such. Or just use it as an excuse to purchase a 3D printer :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

BTW, make sure you print this in ABS not PLA. The spindle get’s pretty hot, so PLA eventually sag and fall into the bit.

Looks great, I like that you used you stock hose piece!

Ok finished, got it super close to the tip, had to cut a small bit out but works perfect for flying chips. Also added a top CAP for the Z-Axis, updated thingiverse site.

This is pretty great.
The angled connector that came with my shop-vac is a little different, and I’m thinking of drilling straight through the connector into the 3 holes on the side of the Dewalt 611 bracket to put the nozzle right near the spindle.
Yours looks great and inspired me to keep it simple… at least for now. :smile: