Hi there, would movie prop or animatronic projects be of interest to you?

Hey @DaveSullivan

I’ve been a member of RPF for years. I’ve even made a full-size, wearable Iron Man MKIV costume out of craft foam, which I then case hardened with a two-part plastic. One of the reasons I’m seriously looking into a drag-knife is to be able to cut out pepakura files. So short answer - long, I would love to see what you make. I’ll probably be doing a YouTube video of building at least a helmet.

I’ve done lots of prop making in the past, before it was cool to post videos of it. One of my next projects would be something like a Skyrim/Frazetta Death Dealer helmet. I even sculpted my own chestburster for a special FX company when I lived in TX.

I’m currently making a 12’ wooden boat whose parts can all be cut out with an XC1000, especially once I iron out the kinks for indexing large parts by marching the zero down the work. My first attempt will be a half-scale version of an 8’ boat to make a coffee table out of.

This is really exciting as it goes right along with what @SeanKeplinger is doing with his mind-blowing rifle prop.

Later,

Chris
www.midnight-maker.com

2 Likes