Holiday Project Suggestions for School Teachers

I am trying to make a project for my sons school teachers / daycare teachers for the holidays. Not looking for anything super complicated or expensive, also it can’t be anything religious since that’s bound to offend someone. I made little picture frame gingerbread men last year but kind of coming up blank this year on inspiration.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

I am looking for a fun holiday project as well.
I am thinking of finding / buying some holiday jig saw patters to use to carve out of 1/4’ MDF.
I have been having good results with my 1/8" down cut bit and using a harbor freight 1" belt sander to clean up the tabs.
Note, with MDF good dust collection and dust mask is a must!
(Before I got my Dust Deputy the ultra fine MDF dust would just blow right through my shop vac.)

Things I am thinking of:
Snowmen
Reindeer
Candy canes
Gingerbread men
Gingerbread houses
Christmas Tree (2 parts free standing)

how about a fruit bowel?

Something with a educational feel to it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What bit is that? What is the cutting length on it? It looks gigantic.

Its a long reach bit probably 1/4 end mill.
You do not need to do one exactly like that in the pic. It was just a sample
you do need a rounded bit to get those nice rounded bottoms. You can get them from local source.
There are lost of Utube vids on making bowels. :smiley:

I wasn’t asking so that I could replicate that particular project more just curious for another project I was thinking about. I want to cut out a chair without having to flip the wood to cut the back side.

Hmm there are snap together things…
Look around at others for ideas.
I suggested the fruit bowel cause teachers get apples from students. :wink:

How big do you want to go? I do a lot of monogram stuff, they seam to be popular.

I get about 4 to 5 from one sheet of .5 inch plywood. You could always scale smaller. Pretty much any silhouette can have a monogram put in it.

1 Like

How about a license plate with a quote on it. theres a license plate template on the projects section here that someone posted a while ago. They are easy to make and won’t take long to carve. I made one for a teacher not too long ago out of wood, thats how she wanted it. It turned out pretty nice.

Do you have a link to that bit by chance?

Going out of subject Phil, :slight_smile: Let’s erase these shit things.
No offense @StephenCook, just having good time here. :blush:

2 Likes

None taken.
I never claimed to be a good speller.
Noticed it too late and that last couple of days I have been ill.
Moving all weekend was exhausting.
How bout this:

Or

Now this one is cool

5 Likes

:flushed: wooow. Outstanding.

I know someone who is definitely getting the falcon for Christmas.

Yea I know loads of SW fans…
I am not set up yet to do gifts of this magnitude…

All of the projects here have links to Easel designs and can be carved pretty easily. https://www.inventables.com/collections/12

My favorite is always the interlocking reindeer.

1 Like

How do you connect the initial to the snowman in easel? Or did you not do this in easel?

I made the design in Corel draw and exported it to my CAM software. I use estl cam but there should be any reason you couldn’t be able to do it through Inkscape and easel

This thread recently came up with an customizable ornament template

1 Like