Homing, Jogging Setup not working

Can’t seem to get X-carve working suddenly. Worked yesterday and then today, nothing wants to co-operate at all. All the lights are on but, no one is home…It runs through the homing cycle and then nothing. Can’t get it to jog the machine although the carve button is green.

The connectivity over USB is actually entirely powered through the USB cord so you will get all of the items you are seeing even if the cnc is not plugged in. Or its switched off. Or the red emergency stop button is pressed. To un-press the button you would need to twist and pull. So if you can go through and verify that it has main power, that typically resolves the issue you’re reporting :+1::+1:

It has main power. Not sure what you are talking about with the other. It doesn’t work if E Stop is pushed or USB not plugged in and has to be turned on…simply will not move after homing cycle completes.

The machine will actually visually start a carving session although it is not moving from the home position. It shows everything like it was actually working and shows cutting timer and then you can select whether it was successful or not…

Oh, i didn’t realize you had gotten it to home at all… it might have an error during homing, you can check for that in machine>general settings> machine inspector… if there was an error in homing it should have the error code under status at the top left.

Yes it shows and alarm but have no idea what is causing it. I have some screen shots to attach if I can…

K, error 9 means it failed during the homing, you can press the switches with yout finger to trigger them and see of one is not turning the circle green on screen there.

Limit switches all work, hence the homing cycle completes. However, I can not get them to light up in the machine inspector…

1 Like

It is something in the limit switches. I disconnected them and now I am running a cutting session. Just can’t use the homing switches until I find out what I am doing wrong. Thanks for your replies earlier…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.