Houston we have a problem! (intermittent spindle)

We’re working on that option.

1 Like

I want to thank the Inventables team for their unbelievably fast response to my 300W spindle issue. Mine developed the not spinning up/causing machine drift problem too, unfortunately, but hey - stuff happens. I e-mailed Customer Success really early yesterday morning before I left for work to let them know, and @SamAlaimo got back to me quite quickly and told me that she’d already put in a replacement request for me. Much to my surprise and delight, there was a brand new one waiting for me on my doorstep when I got home this afternoon, less than 36 hours later. I had mentioned in my message that I wasn’t in a super-duper hurry for a replacement and would happily wait a few days, but it still shipped overnight. Holy crap. :slight_smile:

@Zach_Kaplan, if I can ask you to do it again for me, please please please pass my thanks on to everyone involved. The level of service you’re maintaining is something that many other companies I do business with could only hope to achieve, and it’s very much appreciated. :slight_smile: Thanks, all!

2 Likes

If this can help:
I hooked up two 48vdc PSU in series to get a 96vdc PSU. I get 10400RPM measured with one of those cheap lazer RPM meters (that works great).

I’m having the same problem. Was using the spindle that was sent with the X-carve, and also hooked up my NEW DeWalt 611 and the light turns on on the DeWalt, but the spindle won’t move…

Maybe stupid question, you plugged to 110V wall outlet not to 24V, did you?

Hi Alan,
No stupid questions…I’m new to all of this. I hooked it up to the terminals that I took the old spindle from…

But, the old spindle just stopped working…was working great…then it started drifting while cutting circles, then just completely stopped working.

It won’t work, Only LEDs turns on. You have to operate your Dewalt with 110VAC. You can use old terminal output to DC to AC Relay to turn your Dewalt on and off. You can find instruction on this forum. Let me know if you can’t.

Oh man, really. I thought these were direct replacement upgrades! Ugh. I cut the cord to the DeWalt, is that an issue now?

You can always install another plug on it. Did you cut it close to Dewalt itself or close to Plug.

Cut it close to the plug. Would you mind advising me on what I need to purchase to make this work, and how to hook it up?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WV7GMA2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

This?

Since you cut the plug, you can use regular Relay like this on the picture, also Inventables selling very nice one. Because you don’t have to make plug on it. You can direct connect to Relay’s terminal. It’s up to you. Let me find that wiring diagram picture and Relay Link as well.

Yup, lots of guys use that relay. It’s a good price too if you’re in the States.

1 Like

1 Like

Hey you might know this Alan, how important is the heatsink that this relay comes with from Inventables. I found this one locally, but no heatsink.

I’ll most likely buy the one from Amazon, and reconnect the plug from the DeWalt. Anything I need to know about how to wire the one from Amazon?

Just copy whatever you see on the picture. Your 24VDC output goes to relay’s DC input, Negative side of the 110 Cable comes from devalt to direct Negative on the wall, Positive cable from Dewalt goes to relay’s AC input side and follows to wall plug. That means, your 110V Positive leg will be controlled by the Relay on and off when Easel or any other programs turns spindle on.

It says $970. Actually $9.70

http://www.amazon.com/3-32V-24-480V-Single-Phase-Solid/dp/B008MU0DV6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1445882290&sr=8-4&keywords=dc+to+ac+solid+state+relay

And this is the one from Inventables. Looks more promising.

https://www.inventables.com/technologies/solid-state-relay

Alan, thank you for all your insight!

1 Like