How about an X-Controller for Christmas

Thanks @Zach_Kaplan I just got my order placed as well.

Just got one myself! I am hoping to pick up my 1000mm x-carve soon. I want to make sure I have the x-controller when I go to build. Hoping to pick up some 1800mm rails as well, but got to figure out what all I will need in order to build an 1000mm x 1800mm machine (ie. what drag chain, extra cables, belts etc…)

@NickHomrich did you get the precision collet adapter or this insert collet adapter? Bits? Wood finishing kit? Digital caliper? Two Color HDPE? I suppose if you want to get crazy you could pick up some of the 262oz in NEMA 23’s. You can make use of them with that shiny new X-Controller.

I think you should be good to go otherwise. I know as soon as I write that you’re gonna get it and I will have forgot something.

Hey everyone!

I wanted to give you a quick heads up that the X-Controllers are FLYING off the proverbial shelves. We decided since demand is so high and everyone has been patiently waiting for so long to only send the email today to the people on the waiting list. We will wait 24 hours before sending it to the big announcement list to give everyone that signed up time to get their order in.

In full transparency we have more people on the waiting list than we have units in the first batch so I’m going to apologize ahead of time to people that are not able to get their order in this first run. We will be changing the page after we sell out of the first 400 to indicate the second batch is estimated to ship in April. Due to lead times on certain parts and Chinese New year, we aren’t able to give a better date than April. Last year after Chinese New Year some of the workers at the factory didn’t return to work and the factory had to hire new employees which took some time. Once they are back at work and can provide more accurate shipping times we will revise our estimates. We have been in communication with the factory and sent over the second order. They have communicated to us they can’t get it to us before Chinese New Year due to lead times.

Placed my order! Can’t wait for the box to arrive!

Just ordered a x controller.
A little late,but is the voltage same as old power supply
115 /220
as i need the 220 , but so eager to have one ordered before asking .

I ordered one as well. How soon will we know if we made the cut for the first 400?

Jason

@drphobus yea you change the switch the same way. You will need to get a “plug” adapter or local new cord with your local plug and C-13 on the other end. It comes with the US Cord. It uses a standard C-14 inlet for a C-13 plug.

@JasonHughes you got in the first 400.

The page will automatically turn off when we hit the limit. At that time we will change this message to indicate the first batch is sold out and the second batch is expected to ship in April.

“A high-power motion controller for your 3D carving machine (First 400 start shipping by Jan 31st, 2016)”

Thanks,that’s great news .
As for the lead it’s known as a kettle plug here in the UK ( we do like a nice cup of tea) so very common type .

Kettle Plug! That’s hilarious.

http://www.kenable.co.uk/images/RB-297_CABLE.jpg

Good news we didn’t sell out in the first few hours. We are going to send to the big list tomorrow morning so we might sell out then.

You’ve got approximately 15 hours before the email to the big list goes out to get your order in.

I’m going offline for a little but the page will turn off when we reach 400 so if you got your order in you’re in. If the page turns off don’t freak out we’ll turn it back on but it means you’re in batch #2.

We didn’t want someone to be #401 and then think they were getting it in January only to find out they were getting it in April.

Ordered one too!

I got a naked X-Carve about a month ago and was looking forward to the X-Controller.

On the downside, the X-Controller will be shipping to my (wife’s) US-side family which we are currently visiting for Christmas and it will not be making the flight back home (to Europe). We will be visiting again in June and I did not want to risk not making the second batch due to either high demand or some unexpected delay.

@Zach_Kaplan if you can press a magic button and have it shipped by Jan 4, the first thing I will be carving will be your name on a golden plate.

1 Like

Jan 4th would be a miracle but I can’t say “no” at this point. I wouldn’t hold my breath though.

It’s hard with New Years because the factory shuts down.

Yeah, I understand this is pretty unrealistic. But in case it happens, please also send a wiki link with recommended bits, feeds & speeds for gold :smiley:

1 Like

!!!SWEET!!! Just got an email that my X-controller shipped!

X-Controller started shipping today!!! Jan 25th, 2016. If you are doing the math that was 6 days early!

1 Like

no e-mail here yet are they being staggerd

X-Controller due to arrive tomorrow! Can’t wait to start using the X-Carve.