How Do I Do This?

How do I create a interior step down? I have the outline of a box sign. I’m using .5 inch MDF that I’m going to stack up. I used the Offsetter app to create 2 iterations into the box. They are .25 each. I would like a .25 lip then a .25 drop then the inside edge. How do I set this up? I tried the center one as a pocket cut but that does the whole middle that is going to be removed anyway. I just want to inset a back into the frame. Does this make sense?

Is this what you’re trying to create?
I did the 2 iterations on the frame then duplicated the center and set the path to cut inside.

1 Like

I got a different shape but yes that is what I’m trying to do. How do I get the pocket part. I got the inside and outside cuts but when I try to do the pocket is shows it shaving the entire center part.

Here’s my picture. I want a raised lip around the outside to inset a back that is flush.

If you set the grey shape to clear out a pocket, then set your inner black shape to 0" depth, brought to front, and do the inner cutout in another workpiece, I think that will work.

1 Like

I did what @JonLucca describes except instead of doing the cutout on another piece I added another inner section and set to cut inside shape path
Russell

1 Like

I GOT IT !!! (insert happy dance here)

I set the inner edge to “0” cut. Then selected my center line to clear out a 1/4 inch deep pocket. It then looks weird as the whole center is cut to the pocket depth. I then created a copy of the inner edge. Moved it right on top of the first inner edge and selected it to cut inside and all the way through with tabs. I also increased the number of tabs. This stops the center from being cut saving lots of unnecessary machine time.
Thanks for the help guys.

1 Like