How do I reduce the width of the cut?

I have a very simple cut out that I need to do about 120 times. It appears my problem is similar to this post: https://discuss.inventables.com/t/cutting-width/16539. My design is a simple dove cutout that I imported from a .jpg file. Looking at my image in Easel it appears to have two lines around the edge which is probably what is causing my 2-pass cut. I’m using a 1/16" bit, but the width of the cut appears to be closer to 1/4", which is wasting a lot of time; considering I need to make so many of these things.
My guess is that the import of a .jpg causes some confusion. Is that the case? If so, what are the alternatives?
Thanks

Replying to my own post here… I see that in Easel there are two lines in my cutout path for some reason. I just tried manually deleting (using “edit points”) one of the paths and I’m wondering if that will do what I want. Assuming it does, the question remains: why did it put two paths in there in the first place?

Was your dove an outline or a filed shape? if its an out line the trace image app will create two paths, one for the outside and one for the inside. if it was solid then it would only create one path

@PhilJohnson: I’m still trying to figure out how to tell it the right stuff! I’m just using a screen shot of a dove outline right now, so I have a lot to learn. :slight_smile:
@GlennMDutcher: it was an outline. Yep, seems that’s what it did. I edited the project to eliminate one of the paths and things got much better.
Thanks to all.

1 Like