How do you add a tapered ballnose bit?

I saw the recent addition of 3D carving to Easel Pro and wanted to try it out. I have been waiting or this for a long time! :sweat_smile: I have been able to add my normal ballnose bits with no issue, but I see that tapered angle ball tips are not available.

Any plans to add the ability to add these types of bits? I added the details of my particular bit as an example.

Amana Tool
46282 CNC 2D and 3D Carving 5.4 Deg Tapered Angle Ball Tip 1/16 Dia x 1/32 Radius x 1 x 1/4 Shank x 3 Inch Long x 4 Flute Solid Carbide Up-Cut Spiral ZrN Coated Router Bit

1 Like

You can still add it as if its a straight sided ball bit… HOWEVER if the design has tall, straight sided walls, the tapered ball bit will remove excess matrrial at the tops of the walls and distort the design a bit… but if the design doesnt have these features, then the tapered ball bit will work fine…just remember easel wants the tip diameter, not radius! So multply the radius by 2 to get diameter and enter that value as the width.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.