How do you export a LightBurn file to Easel Pro

How do you export a LightBurn file to Easel Pro to do some router work on it?

1 Like

Export as svg then import that to easel

I don’t have it open at the moment but I think u might need to select the elements you want to export first…

Thanks Seth. Got that file imported to Easel. Now I need to beg another favor. I have a file, which I have attached. What I want to do is place the prayer on a lager cross behind it and use the router to cut it out. I have tried importing a cross from the design library but have not been able to readjust the import to fit behind the prayer. Is there a way to build one from scratch in Easel? Wanted to make this for my sister for Christmas but , now it looks like it will be her birthday! :))

Duane
p.s. Meant to send the file. Didn’t mean for it to open up. If you want me t try again let me know.

cross-1

Kinda loud at my house tonight…or you’d get a video…

Combined the horizontal text, identified the size, made a matching sized rectangle, aligned with the text (pinned the horizontal text then used the horizontal and vertical alignment buttons to align the rectangle… then) then increase the height and the width of the rectangle by 0.2"

then repeated with the vertical part (omitting the horizontal text)
then selected the 2 rectangles, combined, and set to “outside the path”

You will want to carve this in 2 different processes, one for the text (select your v bit), then swap bits to an endmill and do the perimeter cutout. Here’s the file:

Seth, I have no way to say thank you enough!! All the text was burned in LightBurn so only have to do the one cut. Your directions will go in my "Seth"file box and will use them for the next one I will be building.

Duane

1 Like

I was trying to do this today and couldn’t figure it out… I seen that you could export it but how do I export it as a SVG? Do I need to download something for that?

select File>Export (Shown here)

Got it. Thank you.
One more thing that I need help with…

I am trying to engrave on acrylic then I want to cut it out with the x carve router. What I am having trouble with is getting the router to cut exactly where I want the lines around the words to be.

Thanks to your help I now know how move images without messing up the size or design!

Now what I am trying to figure out is how to get the same starting point for the router and laser. So that I can engrave the words then turn around and cut them without having to move my material?

What I am thinking is picking a spot on the table to have as my “zero” then figure out and mark where both machines would need to be homes to get to that same location…

Do you think that would work or do you know an easier way of doing this?

1 Like

Yes and yes, kinda it isn’t easier, but its more precise.

You could (using a vbit & the laser) determine the offset amount of the laser to the bit and then use that information to adjust the work zeros aka origin from the laser over to the carving part…
Once the offset is established you could create macros to perform the offset move over to the correct position that would be more repeatable and more precise than using a spot on the wasteboard…

granted the method you mentioned would also work and would be easier and faster to implement, so its really just a matter of if this added precision is worth the effort. For many people it is not.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.