How much interest for Linux and ChromeOS support?

I was using the chrome driver app.

So I also installed Lubuntu on another machine… I feel like the answer is staring me in the face but I dont understand how to use the files you link here… I’m currently goggling how to use .appimage files…

An AppImage file just needs to be marked executable, then ran. It should contain everything it needs to run.

# mark executable
chmod +x some-filename-here.appimage

# run it
./some-filename-here.appimage
# or run it as root with sudo
sudo ./some-filename-here.appimage

So got that all to work. It appears Easel recognizes the driver. Now I plug it in and it can’t find the machine. Do I have to enable a port? Manually enter com port?

Thanks for the work done on this Nathaniel. I’ll definitely be giving this a shot in the near future.

A big thanks from me as well! I was surprised that the open source CNC didn’t have a linux driver as well! I put together my X-Carve and it’s been sitting idle in the garage because I don’t have a portable Windows machine to lug out to it for calibration! But I have several RPis and a linux-running laptop, so since finding this post I guess I have a new weekend project! Thank you!!

Hi all,
An Easel driver for Linux has been released. An experimental build is available at the Beta Easel Driver Linux support (Debian & Ubuntu) thread. If you have any questions or suggestions please post them in the newly created thread.
Thanks!

Waiting for Chromebook support!

if you read this post from the start you can learn how to create the driver to make Chromebook Support. it would seem that several had done it and made it work.

Unfortunately i can not put my work Chromebook in developer mode.
If it works, why no official release?

Now i have another chromebook in developer mode and when i install the chrome app and try to carve it says ¨driver out of date please upgrade¨ is this version to old?
Can you make a new version of the chrome app?