How to cut out a shape that isn't enclosed

I need to cut the shape of this logo out, but it’s two separate pieces and I don’t want that, I just want one piece. How do I do that? Thanks!
Ducati

You can use a guitar pick shape and toss the Ducati text onto it? Or are you trying to keep the swoosh too? Then you’d need to connect the 2 parts, and there’s a few ways to do that.

Hi Brenda,

I’ve loaded your image of Ducati into inkscape and edited it the way I think you’d like. I only use Inkscape and have already converted over 500 images from JPG/PNG/BMP to SVG and DXF. In most cases, a very acceptable image appears when converting, which sometimes needs to be adjusted a bit here and there, but that is also very easy in Inkscape. I hope the image and Inkscape are of use to you. If you have any further questions, I’d love to hear them.!

ok Brenda
Something went wrong with the formatting of the image that I didn’t see until I sent it. Here’s another attempt.
BertDucati

1 Like

That’s what I was trying to do, I am new at Inkscape but fumbling my way through!
Many thanks to you…I just want to carve the letters, so I can just remove them from this pic, I’ll figure that out and I’m good to go.
Thanks again - Brenda

I wanted the outline cut but keeping the swoosh as a carve. Bert (below) has provided an image for me, but thank you for your feedback - Brenda

Here is one I did

3 Likes