How to load GRBL

Good day

I bought a mini CNC router with an engraving range of 160mm x 150mm x 45mm, I am really battling to get it lined up to cut where i need it to cut for example, in the middle, so playing around with it (still not right) I got it to engrave but the image is “mirrored”, I have no idea how to load the right GRBL file because it is a HEX file but when your program started working I thought I have it right, but no. Please can you give some advise, I tried to follow http://www.instructables.com/id/T8-Mini-CNC-Complete-Guide/ and it helped alot but just now for the finer detail.

Your help will be much appreciated

Regards
Mark

If it moves but mirrored grbl is ok, the direction and other settings may be wrong. You can swap two motor wires on the X axis or use the grbl settings.

search for configuring grbl and read it carefully

There are instructions available on how to Flash an Arduino with GRBL on the project’s wiki: Flashing Grbl to an Arduino · gnea/grbl Wiki · GitHub.

GRBL team hex files: Releases · gnea/grbl · GitHub.
Inventables hex files: Easel - Downloads

Hi Guys

Thank you. GRBL is loaded, I try to configure but it seems like it wants to cut larger and off center to where I position it on EASEL, on some things I carve out, it loses track and starts cutting at a different point. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards
Mark

Re tighten and calibrate

Loose belts or tight nut on your z axis

1 Like