How to properly install the limit switch actuators?

I’m near the end of my X-carve assembly at the point where I need to install the limit switch actuators using the “Post-Assembly Insertion Nuts”. I have two problems.

1. The photos do not clearly indicate which face of the post-assembly nuts should face out after they are inserted into the slide. Is it the side of the nuts with what look like little spring tabs?

2. I have no clue as to how to insert the nuts without disconnecting the makerslide. Are they supposed to be forced in in some way? Or do I really need to disconnect the slide?

Note: And IF the only way to insert them is to disconnect the slide(s), then I think the instructions should have said that MUCH earlier in the assembly process because it seems like it’s going to be a hassle to do that this late in the assembly process.

Hold the post assembly nut so that it looks like a V with the spring to the back and the flat face toward you. Angle the nut so that the bottom of the V goes into the bottom of the slot in the Makerslide and then tilt it back to insert it into the slot.

2 Likes

Thanks Larry! Got it done.

My concern was that, having previously broken things that were not meant to be pressure-fitted, I just didn’t want to screw up my X-carve when it’s so close to being ready to use. :slight_smile:

1 Like