How to send carve toolpath to machine?

In V-Carve, your speed is set when you choose the bit, make sure it is set for what you want. Verify your tool paths depth of cut and speed.

Yea I changed everything and set max depth to .063 and I am sure it went much deeper on its first pass and speed set at 35 it still blazing fast.

What’s it mean when it starts doing the drawing right then just starts doing whatever it wants in the middle of it ?

Looks like I’m going to need a new waste board by the time I figure this out by myself. Thanks for the help so far.

If it appears to be lost, sounds like a mechanical issue…is something too loose (eccentric nuts, pulley set screws, belts) or too tight?

Checked everything. Got machine set at zero and work position at zero. Everything looks good. But still it goes and runs the toolpath 3/16 off the surface. What should I check ? Is it my toolpath ? Looked good in vcarve

Does it need to know what type of screw I have ? Acne or whatever ?how do you set that ?

That is configured when you run setup in easel.

How does easel have anything to do with this ? It looks like a calibration issue to me. It can return to zero everytime perfectly

Easel sets all of the initial grbl settings. I don’t use it either, but it is a must for 1 time to go through the setup.

So I should go back there and set up through easel ?

Yep…just once.

I went and checked all my settings in easel are good. Should the work height and the machine height both really be zero ?

Which program now?

Vcarve pro and ugcs

I set my zero to the top of the workpiece.

Yea I did that about 20 times now. It will return to zero perfectly but will always run 3/16 above the surface. I set zero to the waste board and it still didn’t touch the wood

It’s like its doing too much to the z axis like it can’t tell how far it’s going

What kind of rod you have, Acme or M8 Thread. When you’re running Machine Setup, did you change your rod type??

I have an m8 and it says m8 in easel.