I couldn't wait for the X-Controller so I made the FluxController

It’s 1/4" MDF doublesided white.

Nice, thanks!

I decided to make a whole new version I’m now calling the Pizza Controller. It’s got a few bugs but I wanted to share a quick preview. Maybe get a little feedback. The reason for the redesign is I wanted to avoid any EMI problems and lets face it. Counter space is limited so I decided to put it underneath and connect via the 20mm extrusion.

4 Likes

Looks great! I’ve been slowly accumulating parts to make a better enclosure from my electronics. I keep coming back to building a new bench/table for my machine and integrating the electronics into it.

@CharlesDavidRandolph be careful with sagging i had my x-carve on a 3/8 plywood floating base with 5 2x2 for levelling and the machine would still sag. Its very susceptible to changes in the flatness of where its seated.

Interesting concern. Are you using the 1000mmx1000mm x-carve? The one I’m using is the 500x500 and has two rails to support the wasteboard. I was planning to support those rails on the edges of the box so there was no flex or sag. Are you thinking that the rails also need additional support? Here is a picture. The design I’m working on has cut outs to hold the ends and then the front and back have bolt holds to hold it to the same extrusion piece. Here is the close up on the corner.

@CharlesDavidRandolph i also have the 500x500, and i was getting sag anyways. Im using 2x250 aluminium t slot extrusions as my base instead of the mdf board and the whole surface has contact instead of just the 2 20x20 extrusions, so not sure how much of a difference that would make.