I don't get it

I’ve been trying to find an image to carve but nothing seems to work.
The first image is a screed dump of a CAD program of a cross.
The second image is what I’m getting.
How do I tell it that to carve inside of the center of the cross and then on the body outside?
Also, cut the inside first?

W. Kirk Crawford
Tularosa, New Mexico

Easel requires an SVG or DXF file format for an image. You can covert a JPG to SVG using an illustrator type program, or perhaps some CAD programs will do it too. A dxf file is a CAD program format.

file formats

Martin,

I’ve tried everything that you suggested. Still, I can’t get Easel to cut inside the pattern, and then outside on the body.

W. Kirk Crawford
Tularosa, New Mexico

And you have selected these items? If you haven’t, click on the object in the grid and it should pop up.

Martin,

Yes, I’ve used that, but it is not appearing as a choice.

I’m at my wit’s end.

W. Kirk Crawford
Tularosa, New Mexico

@W.KirkCrawford Can you share an example project you’re struggling with?

Neil,

Here is a CAD screen dump.

The second is what Easel does with it.

W. Kirk Crawford
Tularosa, New Mexico

Looks like your file has open paths. Are you importing a DXF?
Can you share the actual CAD output file?

1 Like

Neil,

Yes, you can look at the dxf.

I could have some open connections. This is a new system for me, and I can’t find the join command.

W. Kirk Crawford
Tularosa, New Mexico
MarlaCross3.dxf (3.6 KB)

Hmmm…I’m having all kinds of trouble with that DXF. Can you try any other format?
Can you open that DXF?

I just tried and when I open it nothing is there
Russell

1 Like

Hey Russell.
I saw the same thing.
When I looked at it in a text editor, though, it’s definitely not empty. I don’t know enough to fix it from there.

1 Like

It looks like the inside design is just lines. I would make it an outlined shape that is just over.125" wide all over so the 1/8" bit will fit inside it. Then click on it and set it to cut inside the shape.