I wish I lived in Chicago

Inventables is hiring for the job I have always wanted. I wish I lived close to Chicago.

VP of Product Experienceat InventablesChicago

Vice President of Product Experience

ABOUT THE ROLE

The Vice President of Product Experience at Inventables will report to the CEO and be responsible for driving the vision of each product, continually updating the product roadmap, and building a strong product culture. You will articulate each product vision, both within the design and product management team, as well as across the rest of the company. The VP of Product Experiencewill work at the intersection of our Marketing, Design and Engineering teams to help direct design choices.

RESPONSIBILITIES

Vision - Responsible for driving the vision of our product ecosystem. Ability to articulate this product vision within the company, to the board of directors, and on stage at our launch events.
You’ll answer critical strategic questions including but not limited to:
What products should the company make?
In what order?
How should the hardware, software, and bits integrate to deliver a successful experience?
Design Process -Responsible for our entire product development process. Lead and mentor our team which includes user research, product management, design, marketing and engineering to identify voiced and unvoiced user needs, brainstorm solutions, prioritize features, and ultimately execute the best product ecosystem in the industry. Lead research, interviewing, and sales testing efforts.
Team Building - Responsible for growing the team that will design our product experience. This will include building a team with various design roles, including UI, brand, and research as well as product management roles. Ability to source and evaluate great talent, with strong leadership skills to help develop and mentor new hires both on your team and across departments.
Strategic Thinking - Participate on the strategy team. This group of senior leaders sets, refines, debates, and executes on our company strategy.
Board Presentations - Members of the strategy team are called upon from time to time to make formal presentations to the Inventables board of directors. You will be called upon to do this when appropriate.
Responsible for owning the Product budget.
EXPERIENCE

Required:

Strong understanding of, and ability to articulate, how design and product management integrate into an agile development process and design thinking.
Proven experience launching successful hardware and software products.
Strong familiarity with tools and techniques that lead to better product development and customer experience when it comes to delivering and iterating a product.
Experience designing user experiences.
Experience in product design.
Design, Engineering or Computer Science Degree.
Preferred:

Product Management Experience in an Agile/startup environment.

What better way to demonstrate thinking outside the box then to demonstrate that you are able to work from afar… :sunglasses:

We live in a world of videoconferencing and instant messaging…

You want the job? Don’t let location be the barrier… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Inventables does have a remote employee. There’s one in North Carolina. Not very close to Chicago.

If you have the qualifications, send them a resume.

1 Like