I'm all Fidgety

Pressure fit but I put a dot of epoxy on two sides as well.

Did any of you guys make these in Easel? If so would you be willing to share the file?

Sorry, no. VCarve pro.

What size thickness wood do you need to make these?

The bearings are 7mm thick so the wood needs to be the same.

Thank you for the info! Got some scrap 1/4" mdf was gonna see if it was thick enough. Bearings haven’t arrived yet

Try some “end mill destroying” COPPER. So pretty… so brutal.

2 Likes

The SERVO.

1 Like

The SHARKNADO.

1 Like

Do you use ceramic (full or hybrid) bearings?

Man I wish I had access to some metal.

FWIW - I’m partial to Sector 9 bearings - the Blackball Ceramic is hybrid ceramic and is the best value out there. Plus their ADP (non ceramics) are amazing. There are other brand name hybrid ceramics out there that are more expensive but do not offer appreciably better performance. With regard to full ceramics, there are “dumpster fire” bearings found on Ebay and then there are $80 a piece ceramics that engineers rely upon in critical situations. Ratings are essentially meaningless because facts and science in the U.S. no longer matter (which, ironically is a fact so you may very well dismiss). So, you should buy lots of different kinds and test under carefully controlled circumstances (or just believe what you read online - however you typically roll).

P.S. If anyone needs bearings - please contact me. I spent a LOT of time researching, testing and making great manufacturer contacts. So, I can get nearly any bearing… or it’s analog at substantially discounted prices. You should NOT pay retail if you are a member of this forum and an X-carve owner/operator/maker.

1 Like

Oh… Didn’t realise Ebay ships instantly

These are really nice looking. I made mine out of HDPE but it doesn’t look as slick.

Did a little digging in the page source code to see what site the link goes to and found that it links to a yolasite.com free webpage. There is a very small blog on the site but its mostly a site selling spinners. You can also see if you do go to that page that Andrew11’s picture is the “mascot”? for the page. So in short its a legit page, mostly an advertisement. :grin: Spam, maybe, malware, nope.

1 Like