I'm at my wits end with x-carve disconnecting! please help

I’ve tried everything… or at least what I think is everything. My X-Carve 1000 with X-controller, disconnects in the middle of jobs ALL THE TIME. It will disconnect sometimes when I’m not even cutting… I am using easel. is there a different program, with easy, cheap CAD?

Here is a list of stuff I’ve tried:

-I have tried different different usb cables… numerous.
-connecting X-controller power to different circuits in house to see if it was a power failure issue,
-I’ve tried 3 different computers… 2 laptops, 1 desktop.
-updated drivers
-tried different wifi connections… 2.4g, 5g
-Tried directly connecting internet through Cat5e cable versus using wifi.
-Moved it to my office on a different internet source…
-Contacted Inventables… they sent me a new board for x-controller…

THERE IS NOTHING MORE FRUSTRATING THAN RUNNING AN HOUR OR LONGER JOB AND HAVING IT STOP 5 MINUTES TO THE END!

PLEASE help me. Do you guys have any Ideas of what I can do to stop this.

Thanks in advance.
Casey

1 Like

Did you try connecting directly to the board with a USB cable, bypassing the USB bulkhead? There’s a known issue with the USB bulkheads.

1 Like

Did you change your computer settings to stop it from going to sleep?

This fixed my issue with disconnections. Inventables sent me a new connector but it had same problem so i just left it connected dirctly to the board,

2 Likes

Try using PICSENDER. It is not web based, so you don’t have to have an Internet connection. Also use a powered USB hub and shielded USB cable.

2 Likes

Agree 100% That fixed this exact issue for me. I’ve left the USB wired directly to the board for the past three months and no problems.

2 Likes

i have not done that… it would requite a different cable… that I don’t have. They did send me a new USB bulkhead and still the issues… I might try getting yet another cable… just the micro usb and see if that does help…

Good to know that the micro usb cable fixed your issue. I will have to try that.

bobjewell. I have definitely done the research on it… there are so many answers. That is why I reached out to try and figured out what ACTUALLY worked.

I just ordered a shielded usb to micro usb to eliminate the bulkhead. I also ordered a powered usb hub. We’ll see how that works. Thanks for the help!

Are you doing anything that may cause this? For a long time I couldn’t even turn off the fluorescent lights in my shop or the wifi would disconnect. Luckily(?) my laptop died and I had to replace it. No problems since; apparently the wifi receiver in the old laptop was weak. Something I didn’t know I had to worry about.

I was having the same issue. I also made cable changes and such but to no avail. It wasn’t until I followed Phil’s suggestion “Larry jtech grbl version 1.0c and easel local 3.2 has been the most stable.” Since then I have run several lengthy carved with no issue.

1 Like

I believe I figured out the issue. It ended up being my x-carve power supply. Once I changed that it has been much better. I still get an occasional disconnect but not near as often as I used to… Thanks for all your help!!! It is much appreciated

1 Like

I have my own controller, rolled DIY - and in my shop I have one 16A circuit available. Vacuum cleaner, spindle, shelf lighting and I can use anything at will. Controller is solid. Yet flipping the switch for the ceiling fluorescent lights kill my USB-connection and the green carve button go blue for like 2s.

So when dealing with situations like these one must be methodical and thorough.

1 Like

One problem I had was the power wire was not plugged in all the way on the XController. It felt tight but a slight movement would cause it to briefly disconnect. It had felt like it was plugged in all the way but not until I put a lot of push on it did it finally snap in completely.

i know this is 2023 but i just discovered that easel may have software detecting that the stepper motors are overloaded. It just quits and shows the window “let us know how your carve turned out” in the middle of my program when i do a deep cut

It ended up being the circuit in my office. There was a mini-fridge that was also plugged into a different outlet and if that turned on… it would interupt my cut.

1 Like

That’d be cool, but no. You’re experiencing EMI (Electromagnetic interference) on the controller. They’re are a lot of things that cause noise and a lot of solutions to remedy them. If you noticed the machine struggling, that can actually produce more electrical noise.

1 Like