I'm having a problem cutting a design

I designed a plaque in Easel and I’m having issues carving the plaque. The first issue is when viewing tool path a red outline appears around the letters that I am carving. It is offset like a shadow so I have enlarged the plaque and lettering, it is 14" by 7.5". I am using a 1/8" ball nose bit, I’m not sure how this affects the actual carving process.
The second issue is when I carve the design or plaque it will cut the first letter then it advances to the next letter then it carves on top of the previous letter. I’m not sure what is going on this is very frustrating. I am new to the CNC world so any help I can get is very much appreciated.
I am not happy with Easel, not all SVG files will import into Easel. So I’m wondering if GRBL controller would be a better option for me. I saw a controller kit on PIBOT website so I’m wondering if this is a good control system. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Harley

I don’t know about the programming aspect, but if your X-Carve is losing position then it could be due to improper belt tension, loose/tight V-wheels, or potentiometers that need adjusting. I’ve got videos for a couple of those at X-Carve Maintenance/Troubleshooting Videos - Add Your Own!.

thank you i’ll take a look at that.