Import DXF

Do I need Easel Pro to import DXF files?

1 Like

No, you do not need the Pro version to import .dxf files.

Go to the “import” button which is locsted at the bottom of the column of buttons on the left hand side and you will see the import .dxf application. However there is a 5MB size limit to be aware of.

1 Like

I’m trying to import a DXF but I am getting a "Cannot Read Properties of Null (reading length). What does this mean?

2 Likes

You may have better luck with converting it to a svg… the dxf import tool can be quirky sometimes …

1 Like

When I go to Import, it doesnt even give me the Import DXF option, Only g-code, SVG or 3D. Was the DXF import option eliminated?

1 Like

The dxf option is present when you click the door button on the left panel of buttons but is not present under the Project menu dropdown… check the import button that looks like a door on the left…

when I import from DFX sometimes the arcs get distorted and steps appear and I don’t know how to correct them

1 Like

Hey Mario,
Although dxf is an option for importing dxf isn’t the best option. In the past, for very complex designs that were dxf and easel wouldn’t accept due to the easel dxf size limit. Ive used carbide create to convert the dxf to svg and then import that into easel, so you might have better results either getting the original design as a svg or using carbide create or similar to perform a conversion to svg… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

It seems that the dxf import function is still to be developed. Try the svg import

Is there a way to import DXFs where for some lines, the cut path is on the outside and for other lines, the cut path is on the inside? Thanks!