Import fonts

OK< here we go,this is a question I should probably know the answer to but at my age I don’t think so. I’m doing a stacked lettering and the hog out area is huge. Is there a way to do a bit change so it doesn’t take 11 hours. You see some of the lettering is only an inch tall so I have to use a small bit 1/16 or it won’t carve the lettering. Any ideas guys.

Also is there a way to put a space (small space) between some of the letters? Thanks in advance.Jim

The only way to put a small space between the letters is to put them in 1 at a time and move them where you want the, As far as the 2 stage carve up at the top under CARVE you will see a + simble if you click on it you can add another bit. Use the larger bit to rough out and the small bit for your finish work.

Thanks my friend. Had any experience with 3d carves? I’d love to be able to but my understanding is no way on x carve, True?

Sorry i can not help you there.

Xcarve is quite capable to do relief carving (3D-ish).
You can not freely design relief / 3D in Easel, that need to be done in different software.
But once that is done, exported gcode can be run on the Xcarve without issues.

Easel do on the other hand have a gradient generator that seem to do a very good job for simple, uniform shapes.
I havent tested it myself though as I do most of my design (CAD) in Fusion360.

1 Like

Thanks, I have some 3d models I got from Vetric but It’s in their files and easel can’t open them. I hear there is a way so maybe Inventable’s team can can walk me through it.

I believe if the files you have are from Vectric, have you looked at Design & Make Machinist. I haven’t used it but from what I understand is that it will allow you to generate tool paths. The generated code could then be imported into Easel.

However, D&M Machinist has limited functionality. I don’t think it will allow you to add anything other than the vectric 3d file. If your just looking to carve the 3D file than this might be the way to go.

I use Vectric software.
Send me one of the files.
I’ll see if I can convert it for you.

Edit,
Actually, see if you can open this file.
FOOTBALL.dxf (6.1 KB)

Jan,
I tried that file in Easel and it didn’t work. I also tried it in Corel and it imported it but nothing was there.
Russell

I have never used Easel so I really don’t know anything about it.
What type of file will it accept?
Send me one of your files and we’ll try it again.

Easel will accept an SVG, it is supposed to open a DXF but it wouldn’t open your file. Then I tried to open your file in Corel and it opened but nothing was there. I will attach a file that can be opened in Easel.
Joy To The World
Thanks,
Russell

nothing attached.
Kind of weird though, I exported it as a DXF

Were you able to open the SVG that I sent?

there was nothing attached

1 Like

That thing above Thanks image
Right click on it and save it.
I don’t know how to upload a file on here. Someone help me out!!

I was able to open your file just fine.

1 Like

Which one? :man_shrugging:
Nevermind, I see that you replied to me. :roll_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A

I tried it again and it worked like this. Maybe its how I’m saving my SVG’s?

C.dxf (208.0 KB)
I was able to import this DXF into Easel but it was 899 inches.
I don’t know whats wrong there.

I can open it and resize it no problem

1 Like