Import Issue in Easel using GCode from Fusion 360

When you get the chance do post some gcode otherwise we will just be guessing :slight_smile:

I suspect there is a G28 command in there somewhere at the end.

Here is a comprehensive write-up:

Yup. Some post processors use G28 and assume you have that set with your Z up.

Easel still raises to a safe height before returning home, so my guess is the post processor.

Here it is…

Open up the Properties tab in the PP box, is “Use G28” unchecked?

1 Like

I don’t have an option for that in my properties box…

I use a PP from Strooom which let you define where you want the machine to retract to after a carve, its downloadable from here - A better Fusion360 - GRBL PostProcessor

This PP is dependant on homing switches.

1 Like

Is there a bit of code I can append to the end of my GCode to make the spindle raise to its safety height before returning home? I’m a bit lost in all of this.

Yes…

1 Like

Thank you. I’m very new to this side of things, so I’m just trying to catch up with what everything means. I’ll have to get a GCode editor and do some experiments…

Thanks for your assistance.

If you share some gcode, even a test. It’ll make it more clear what’s going on.

Strooom-post allow for that, no need to copy/paste gcode snippets :slight_smile:

1 Like

i had the same issue awhile back with running my fusion models in easel if my Z was not pointing up in my setup and from the looks of your setup that is not the case. you change the orientation in your setup by clicking on the arrows to reorient the z to point up. after i reset that i never had that issue again. also set your stock point to be in the front top left corner of the stock, this too gave me issues when my fusion models had that set to the bottom of the stock

I’m having similar issues with my g-code import from fusion. I used the post-processor plugin as suggested by Inventables. However, when I went to set up my part for cutting, I noticed that my imported g-code had moved my file OFF the wasteboard. How can I fix this?

Share your gcode and/or Fusion file.

Where is your WCS origin set in Fusion?

imported_gcode.nc (1.5 MB) this is the imported g_code file I have from my x-carve.

You’re facing down TO Z-zero.
There will be no cuts below Z-zero. Where did you set zero on the stock?
Do you want it to do something with the wasteboard?

I can’t remember messing with any of that stuff. I only remember setting up the post processor and then importing the saved .nc file into easel. How do I fix?

Zero in Fusion needs to be the same as zero in real life. You have to “mess with that stuff” to run a job.

nevermind. figured it out without doing whatever it was you was talkin about.

Well, there’s no getting around setting your Z-zero, but I’m glad you got it to work.