Importing a 2 d jpeg(or some other format) and making it 3d

I am sure there has been something asked before…but here is a questions.
OK so What I want to do is import a jpg. or a photo or some other design.

What I want to be able to do is use a program to give it depth. or manual pull parts of it to different thicknesses.

Is this even possible? Or do I need to start from scratch?

If there is another thread that mentions something like this please point it out to me.

Thanks

You will need to use an image to gcode program like our PicEngrave Pro 5. The depths of cuts will be based on the shades in the image/photo.

The image can be edited in many ways to manipulate the shades for the depths of cuts. 2D, 2.5D and 3D engraving is even possible.

Or another similar program. There are many out there, so don’t get locked in on one that gets presented here.

Your right! Our PicLaser can be used also. Thanks.

1 Like

What are the “similar ones” I am a student and can get student versions.
I downloaded inventor of course it is pretty complicated but I am sure I can learn with good instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I figured it out…guys, there is a vectoring program in easel. I am not certain why I was making this so difficult? Thank you!

This is a reference on the differences between 2D, 2.5D & 3D CNC work. I believe Easel can only do 2D at this time.

1 Like

Technically that is true, unless you sweet talk it into doing 2.5D or even 3D :smile:

I used F-Engrave (as do other folks). It’s free and works quite well. I’m sure there are others out there as well. I was led to several free software packages when I first started and they got me headed in some good directions. I have no issue with the software that was suggested earlier in this thread, but that person spends a lot time commercializing when members need to know there are free options to try until they are ready to commit to something else, if necessary.

Importing a 2 d jpeg(or some other format) and making it 3d

It’ appears you only read what you wanted to and totally missed the OP’s question. At least I answered there question.

1 Like