Improper depth of cuts

I’m having issues with the depths of cuts I select are not being used at all. As you can see the image from Easel and the actual cuts made are not the same.

In this section I set the depth of cut at .050 depth but it cuts it at .100 deep.

I’m using the Automatic cut settings which Easel recommended. I noticed no matter what depth of cut you chose, the “Depth per pass” value never changes. It always stays at .1875. Not sure if these values are even being used as I do have some cuts set at .050 in depth and they were cut at .100 in depth but yet this setting still states .1875 which obviously was not used.

1 Like

I could be wrong here, but it looks like in your Easel, you have a normal bit, whereas the carve is using a V bit. That might have something to do with it.

I guess my only thing is, if you’re like many others, who didn’t receive the z probe, was it zero’d properly?

I haven’t taken any measurements as far as depth goes, but by eyeballing it vs what i have in easel, my stuff looks pretty spot on.

I figured it out. I laid down a 12” scale and checked each axis when I jogged the machine 1”. X and Y axis was spot on. Z-AXIS was moving two inches. I contacted customer support and she walked me thru the advance settings to correct the issue.

1 Like

This is the bit I am using

Hi Jeffrey,

I bet I’ll be doing something like that for my fist cut when I receive the system. Just curious of the use of “ALOUD” on your sign vs. allowed. Just thinking of the young spellers in the room. You may have it that way intentionally as family fun. I might be missing something. I mention it with all of the best intentions. Mike

2 Likes