Initial setup, limit switches are not functioning

So I got my machine together, setup, wired and the initial setup just goes on like it wants to crush my switches. Everything I search for here has links to some fella talking about grbls, and it’s not beginner level stuff. I’ve checked my wiring. Twice. And its still trying to break itself. Has anyone else seen this problem? Is there a guide on how to fix it explained like I’m 5?

These switches only function during the homing cycle. They will not function as limit switches to stop the machine during a carve. (there are ways around this but requires some different wiring and settings).

Is the homing cycle what you are trying perform when the crushing occurs?

This is incorrect (only depends on parameter settings)

This is incorrect (only depends on parameter settings)

Depending on how you want your machine to work you may need to modify the wiring slightly.

They are indeed homing switches, and it is indeed the homing cycle I was trying to perform.
It turns out the adjustable stop at the top of the zaxis was the culprit, it was just just a hair too low for the switch.
Its hard being a newb sometimes. Thanks Mech. Have a good night.

1 Like

For out of the box settings, which was evident from the fact that he just completed assembly, my comments are not incorrect. I specifically mentioned there are other ways around that but didn’t feel that it was relevant at this time to someone new to the machine.

1 Like