Installing drag chain support-scews won't go in all the way

Assembling my xCarve and hit a snag. The M5x14mm screws called out for in the instructions were already difficult to get started on threading them in but for the life of me, I can’t get them to thread all the way in and may have stripped one of them. Has anyone run into the same issue? There have been a few screws on this process that were a little stubborn going in but these don’t even feel like the right size.

This is the part of the assembly process that I’m on.

You do have the threaded aluminum extrusion right? I know that sounds obvious but….I made that mistake. Not the screwing into it but having missed that one was threaded and one wasn’t

Wasn’t obvious to me. That’s exactly my problem. Looks like I’m going to be doing some disassembly. Thank you for pointing it out. I’m going log out and go do a lot of cussing now.

3 Likes

yeah, this has been one of my main issues with the “easy” instructions. the issue being that there are very clear and required specifications and fixes to some very glaring issues. put a sticker on one that says threaded. put “threaded” on the lousy sticker thats stuck to the piece. when it comes to the inventables label they have. nice clean sticker that pulls right off. use a nice one like that with a clear “threaded” on it.