Interactive Tabs

I could do that. I used to use double sided tape, and it worked great except for 2 draw backs. Like you mentioned it can be quite difficult to remove the piece after the cut, especcially is this thin material. Also I found that the tape a was using would gum up my bit when it went through the material :unamused:, then I had to clean up my bits.

For now I’m just being more cautious, and when I can, I start the job, let it cut one pass, stop the project and then add screws down to the waste board in the waste material, seems to work alright.

I too was using double side tape and hated all the gum on bits and residue on materials. I have since started to use 3M Super 77 spray adhesive. A light coat on material and sacrificial board and it’s all good to go. I can now cut very thin pieces with out all the mess. You can’t spray too much or you may never get the pieces separated, but using a thin scraper blade, it all comes up clean. Still use tabs for most work, but the spray is great for the fine parts. Try it, I think you might like it!

awesome! I don’t use easel, but I was just thinking about how it would be nice to have a feature like this in rhinocam. Great work!

Is there any way that you can change the color of the tabs to something brighter? Those of us with a certain type of color blindness can not see the red on the black background. I know they are there because my wife said they were, but I can not see them.

3 Likes

Posted a possible alternative mockup here: Tabs - Specify Amount and Placement - #83 by JeffTalbot