Inventables Maker Faire Party 2015

Thanks to everyone that came out to the Inventables Maker Faire party. We had a ton of fun and it was so great to meet so many of you in person.

I did a quick blog post for those of you who couldn’t make it. If you were there chime in with your feedback and thoughts. Did you like it? Should we do it again?

I was going to leave this comment on the blog but it was asking me to log in and I don’t have a google+ account, or an aim, or whatever the other options were. I guess I’m too old - I don’t snap, chat, tweet, pin, faceplant, buzz, drip, whatever else it is the cool kids are doing these days. I did yahoo once on a dare, but I didn’t like it.

But I wanted to say about the E-stop that maybe some more research is needed. My electronics enclosure will be under/inside the cabinet. I suspect a lot of other people will be putting it somewhere safe and clean. If my machine goes haywire it would be easier to dive for the plug/outlet than to go underneath and root around for a button on the enclosure. I’ll either be playing on the computer nearby, or hovering over the workspace watching the machine cut. That’s where the E-stop needs to be. So maybe you could put it in a separate box with a 6’ cord going to the enclosure and a magnet or velcro backing so it can be mounted someplace I think I’d see if if a problem cropped up.

We have a stand alone e-stop enclosure coming very soon. You can add that to any setup including the X-Controller.

@BartDring: The separate e-stop sounds good to me as well… particularly when you get the larger machine and want to have multiple e-stop buttons on different sides of the table so you don’t have to run around to get to it quickly.

For those of us using the standalone e-stop enclosure, will it be possible to order the X-Controller without the “integrated” e-stop button on the top?