Invert post-import

I am trying to figure out how to get a positive and a negative for an image in Easel. My idea is to cut out all areas on the positive image, fill those with epoxy, then use the negative image to cut out the rest the areas so that I can fill those with epoxy after the first pours have hardened. Using invert pre-import doesn’t allow you to easily resize the negative to match the exact positive image that is already imported because invert takes away the furthest set of lines of the desired image (images that have 3/4/5 different layers of black and white. Such as the 49ers logo), and therefor distorts the length and width if you were to just try to copy the length and width in from the “positive” image. Any thoughts/ ideas would be helpful!!!

Thanks in advance

Use the Green Bay logo, it’s easier. :rofl: :joy: :rofl:
Which 49ers logo are you wanting to do? Can you share an image?
Russell

1 Like

Lol. This one. Just seems like theres no easy way to do it on easel. I got it pretty close by eying it up with resizing and moving it manually. But its definitely not perfect.

Ha. Go Pack Go!!

Interesting issue. Will be curious to see how solved.

2 Likes

I separated the logo into 5 pieces so you can change the depth on each piece. Let me know if this is what you were trying to do.
Russell

Yes i think thats it! I didnt think to take each individual part and just change the depth on them and run the project each time. Thank you!!! (If you couldnt tell im new to this) Much appreciated!

So just went and took a deeper look at what you did… and that will work perfectly for me… but did you do that on Easel? Or did you use a different program and then transfer it over? If so, what program, cuz i need to get it.

1 Like

I did it in CorelDraw but it could have been done in InkScape, InkScape is a free vector based program that will convert pictures or images into SVG’s.

Awesome! Thank you!

1 Like