iPad Friendly?

Hi! I just received my X-Carve yesterday and have not started to put it together just yet. I am very excited to get it put together and begin making things! I am also excited to be a part of this community.

I have logged into Easel to check it out and am wondering if the X-Carve can be hooked up to an iPad to carve… I have an iMac on the first floor of our house and the X-Carve is going in the basement where our wood workshop is… I’m trying to figure out if I need to go buy a laptop or not :slight_smile: Thank you!!!

Not in the way you’re hoping.
You could use a sender like CNCjs, running on a $30 Raspberry Pi, and control the machine remotely via the iPad.

3 Likes

I have a 2009 white Macbook to run my CNC - works great.

1 Like

I’m trying to figure out the same thing I am ordering mine soon and I dont have a computer I wanted to get a tablet slash laptop and run it off that but I dont know what to go with I dont want to soend over 400 on one but I heard if you had windows 10 and excel you could run it just fine

1 Like

thank you for your reply :slight_smile: Will see if I’ll need to try this out…

I just had my old desktop wiped clean and rebooted with windows 10, so I think it should work out! Thank you!

So I have an iPad with service on it and a raspberry pie with touch screen I’m working with this in a mobile application any tips on how I could cut still using the service from the iPad?