Is a 3/8 bit too much for rough pass?

I am spending way too much time waiting on things to finish so I thought I would try a normal sized bit and see. Is it too much at one time? How will it work on a hard wood?http://discuss.inventables.com//discuss-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/original/3X/5/5/55459bb6523d553bc937231397587b98611db4ac.MOV

I use a 3/4in. bit for roughing on larger items. But I can not recommend settings because there are to many variables for me to make a suggestion but start slow.

1 Like

Perfect! How does the smaller Dewalt 611 do with such a big bit? If you are using the new Dewalt that is.

I use the 611 and it does fine. I have even made a mistake one time and the z crashed into the waste board at 75ipm and made a hole 3/4 wide by 3 inches full thickness before the overload protection killed the power to the dewalt. I also use a 3/4 for face milling aluminium.

1 Like

yeah 3/4" is the largest I have used on the x-carve but only for surfacing

1 Like

I also made a mistake with a 3/4" bit I was surfacing with. I ended up surfacing a 3/4" hole through my 20x40 base rail. Went through it like it wasn’t there. Wasteboard and all.

1 Like

@ShaneBell @CurtisCummings Can you tell which 3/4 bit you got for rough pass? I am doing large carvings and I need a bitter bit. Thanks