Is it possible to get simplified G-code? A simple cut?

I have a simple design. I exported .dxf of a surface from the Solidworks student edition, and I cannot find a way to get a simple g-code generation out of Easel. Is it only with Pro that I can achieve something better? This cost should take 5 minutes tops, and should be a simple cut around each piece. Instead my router jumps around and nearly all of the time waiting for these pieces involves the Z axis feeding in and out of each location…I’m sure there must be a fix. This is driving me wild.

you will need to share your file so we can help

Occasionally I will connect parts together in my drawing with lines so that the cutter will follow a continuous path. I don’t use Easel though, I do it in Cambam and use UGS.

Dividers_v2.DXF (36.2 KB)

Dividers_v2.nc (54.2 KB)

You’ll need to combine the nodes in that DXF. I used Inkscape. Below is the svg which can be imported to Easel as one path.
drawing

just curious what is the design of? what is it when the project is complete?

1 Like

Thanks Neil, I only see an image that I can download though. I looked into Inkscape and it looks promising but it does not run on the new MacOS. Perhaps it’s time I put some energy into learning how to use fusion.

Steve - they are just brackets to fix some tubes to the sides of a heat exchanger

The image is an svg that can be imported into Easel.

Any idea why?

Much more intuitive and modern than Solidworks.