Is it possible to tile cuts

Hey @BenTyler,

My thought is that “tiling” software is very complicated (read expensive), so while Easel is still free, that might be a feature they add later than sooner.

I found this video that sort of explains what I was already thinking.

I’m also experimenting with the concept of drawing the toolpath in AutoCAD that accounts for the bit radius and letting the software just cut on the line. This is a considerably less complex drawing to import and as long as you select the correct bit size (1/8" in my case), then the part will still cut out just fine.

That means that a the end of tile 1, you have the end of the bit carved trail to act as the zero point for the beginning of tile 2’s zero location. Does that make sense?

This dovetails nicely (pun intended) with the project I’ve been working on, the torsion box table top that the X-Carve is mounted to. By definition, the table top will be longer than any piece the X-Carve can handle in one pass, thereby requiring the project to be tiled. I’ve got about 8 hours of AutoCAD, SketchUp, SVG file conversion and Easel drawings in the torsion box project and am on the verge of a major breakthrough that I’ll post on the appropriate thread.

Thanks,

Chris