Is updated easel now reversing directions each pass?

Has Easel been updated to reverse directions on each pass? This speeds up cutting time but messes me up because I plan all toolpaths to avoid plunging (I’m always cutting from outside the material in…)

Raster will do that, offset will not.

also cutting a slot on a line will do that also.

Could one of these items describe your setup?

Can you share the project?
Go to projects>share and change it from private to unlisted and copy the link.
It share a copy so we can’t change your design on your original, but we can see it exactly as you have it set, all the cut settings and bit selected and everything :+1:

1 Like

What @SethCNC mentioned here was posted recently by the Inventables’ team.

I have not seen raster cut in different directions from one pass to another on differing depths; only on the same carving plane (depth) that it is actively on where the toolpath is traversing horizontally through the material. Are you referring to “pass” as in horizontal toolpaths on the same plane or as in the vertical planes of toolpaths at different depths?

I’m not saying it doesn’t or can’t happen, but I have not seen that. If you have tabs set in a profile cut and ramping is enabled, the toolpaths can get a little funky as Easel attempts to ramp and also ensure that all of the profile is milled.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

1 Like

I have been using the 2 stage cut for a while now so I know how to use it pretty well, I have to move my router to get it clear of my dust boot if I want to change bits. In this case I raised it up and was able to change it so I only moved in the z axis. That being said I have jogged it in other directions on other projects and the only thing that happens is Im slightly off on the next pass because it wasnt homed perfectly, it did not invert my y axis. That doesnt matter anyway because I only moved the z axis for this project.

Did you mean to start a new thread?

Brandon Parker

1 Like

Thanks… that post from Inventables describes exactly what I suspected. Definitely a time-saver… but for me it kind of screws up my setup.

I can only cut in offset (I don’t have Easel Pro) so I don’t think @SethCNC was correct in saying it won’t do this with offset carving.

I also assume there’s no option to disable this feature… for me it would be better to carve the old way, without alternating start and end points. My issue is that the bit+material I’m using doesn’t seem to like plunging; ramping could solve my problem, so I may have to shell out the cash for Easel Pro.

1 Like

There is no ability that I am aware of to be able to disable the new feature.

What does the design look like that you are working with?

Brandon Parker

Thanks for help to all, it’s work for me now.

1 Like