Its the weekend and I can't connect

Check for bent pins or obstruction in the socket. The pictures look like they aren’t seated.

Maybe Inventables changed the parts they use.

1 Like

If you have a voltmeter, turn the system on and measure the voltage at these test points.

TP4 is DC ground
TP5 is the +5 volt supply
TP6 is the motor voltage supply (+24 volts)

This doesn’t look seated. Look at the space and the clips. They should lean in not out.

Like Larry said check for bends in the pins or obstructions

This one you have does look good

The light on the board is light. But the light that distinguishes power on the back isn’t light. What the!!!

No, that one doesn’t look good either. The clip is closed, but the connector is not fully seated.

Look at the gap at the bottom of the connector key, and the raised portion of the key at the top. All three connectors in the pictures show this same gap.

@MarkADefrancesco - you need to push down on the ribbon cable header and not just pinch the retaining clips together.

https://discuss-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/original/3X/f/8/f8dc2f68e4d17c74f7fe5434ce94c8df7d23c49a.MOV
The wires won’t let me push down on the connectors anymore.

By the way… I really appreciate you all trying to help me figure my mess out.

This is good. It means your board is seeing power, but your ribbon cables are likely the culprit for the rest

Swap the end of this cable. Mine is reversed from yours. Not sure if it will solve anything. Mine has the same gap at the bottom. Not sure why they cut it like that

Take the cable out of the socket. Get a picture straight down into the socket. Post it here.

Measure the distance from the top of the piece of the socket that has the key cutout in it to the bottom of the socket inside.

Then measure the same distance on the ribbon cable connector and see if the connector is bottoming out.

With a picture active, go to the bottom and click download.

That’s interesting. It seems that Inventables has changed their parts.

Ya a little annoying as i had to go take mine apart to look since the pictures on here are different connectors. His clips don’t tilt in like mine on all of his making me believe they aren’t seating fully. Mine lean inwards 10-20 degrees while.most of his appear to lean out

Even without the wire connected, that’s as far as they go in. My fingers are pushing on them.

At this point I can only say trace the power with a dmm. I am at a loss.

You get power to the board, no power/control to motors and usb. Your connectors appear to connect as well as they can…

Does anyone have a pinout diagram?

You may need to call inventables at this point unless someone sees something else to try

Can you get me a picture of this and the area around it?

I’ll go out and buy a dmm right now so I can try to trouble shoot it. Any suggestions on where to go? Home Depot or something?

I would make sure someone has the appropriate readings first. But harbor freight lowes home depot shouuld all carry one. If you can wait until.monday, give inventables a call first.

See here.

1 Like