J-Tech Laser Post Processor for Vcarve

You can only have one program in control of the serial port at a time. You cannot have Easel and PicSender running at the same time.

What is the grbl error?

Which Xcarve grbl?

Which version of PicSender?

Post your $$ grbl output from the failing system.

I make sure to close one before running the other but now I cannot get easel back up and running this time. Most recent release of picsender xcarve grbl was flashed on the xcarve last summer when I gave up on the jtech flash I couldnt get on it. The tester board has the latest release grbl. The error was saying on or before line 3 sometimes said on or before line 4 with the same file the first lines if I recall right are

T1
G17
G20
M03 S0

There is not enough specific information to even guess what might be going on.

Some people have had problems with the T1 G-code statement. You can take it out of the post processor as it is not used by grbl.

There was a version of grbl 1.0c that got installed on some X-controllers that had problems.

I will try reloading grbl in a bit on it I did try removing lines of code 1 by 1 and same error each time. Even if I get that working the pic sender software renders easel useless after being connected and I still have not gotten it back up and running this time on my house PC.

I can move among Easel, UGCS, PicSender, and the Arduino IDE without causing any ill effects.

Something is wrong with your setup. We just have to figure out what it is.

I have no clue what happened Easel was up and running fine the other day but since I have tried running gcode through pic sender I seem to have lost everything now. I flashed the newest grbl on the xcarve reinstalled easel and still wont connect. I cant connect to pic sender anymore either since the new grbl flash. It is too cold to keep messing with it out there tonight so I will have to get everything up and running smoothly on my home pc with the test board and then fix the garage setup if I can figure it out in here

Can you upload the G-code file and I’ll run it here to see what I get from it
Let’s move this to a new thread, ok?

Yeah sorry should have started my own thread. All I did was a simple text outline in vcarve with jtech vcarve pp to test pic sender. I will have to upload it tomorrow when I go back out there to try and reconnect things. I will start a new topic then

Got a problem. I am using Vectric Aspire with the Jtec no Z post processor and when I send the file to the laser it does not turn on my laser during the first line of gcode and then it comes on in the middle?? I know it has got to be a setting I’m putting in vectric but I can not figure it out. now if I use the Jtec post processor with Z and remove the Z in the text file before I send it is works. my Z1 and Z2 are set to .001 like the instructions on the jtec site says?

Thanks
Kelly

Which version of grbl are you running?

Post the first 20 lines of the G-code file that fails here.

Im running grbl ver 1.0c

T1
G17
G20
M03 S0
M05
G0X0.0000Y0.0000
G0X0.1086Y-0.1398
G1F0.1 S12000
G1Y1.1363F75.0 S12000
G1X-0.0095Y1.2619 S12000
G1X-0.6745 S12000
G1X-0.7870Y1.1189 S12000
G1Y-0.1148 S12000
G1X-0.6745Y-0.2578 S12000
G1X-0.5970 S12000
G1Y0.5835 S12000
G1X-0.0543 S12000
G1Y-0.2578 S12000
G1X-0.0357 S12000
G1X-0.0307Y-0.2566 S12000
G1X-0.0235Y-0.2532 S12000

You have a problem with the post processor. The M05 command in line 5 should not be there.

Line 4 says, turn the laser on with a power level of 0 (which means the laser will be off).
Line 5 says turn the laser off.

Then the machine is instructed to start moving. Somewhere, later in the file there must be a M03 command to turn the laser on which is why the first part of your file runs with the laser off and then later the laser gets turned on.

I took out the M05 and it works as it should.

Any idea how I correct the post processor so I done have to delete M05 each time?

The post processor is a text file. Most likely the M05 is in the HEADER section. You can remove it from there and then you should be ok.

Got it, that worked!!

I downloaded this PostP from the jtec web site. I wounder if anyone else is having this problem?

Thanks Larry!

1 Like

I just changed the post processor on the website as well. That was an oversight on our part in the code. Thanks for finding the error and sorry you had problems!
Best Regards,
Jay

Just a follow up: Everything has been running flawlessly!!

1 Like

This is a little dated, but I was hoping you could tell em which of the two GRBL post processors listed I should use? I don’t understand why there is a “Z” and a “no Z” option. Is the difference for engraving on 2d vs 3d items? Meaning if on 3d the focal length will change along the path of the model, and the Z is then required to move with it to stay in focus?