J tech laser project

I initially did not look at these since I am using the stock firmware and only interested in doing pure black and white clipart type images and text (not photos)… but I will give the demos a try…

Thanks,
Paul

I’ve been thinking about something like this (there are a million different versions/sizes/watts):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/40-50CM-2500MW-2-5W-Desktop-Laser-Cutting-Engraving-Machine-DIY-Picture-Marking-/252339354231

They work very good for what type of images you want to engrave too. Both of our image to gcode programs have the ability to Dither images to B&W and the gcode will only have two S value laser power commands.

2 Likes

I’m using my V carve Pro and modified the X-Carve Post Processor to shut off the laser during rapids. I then use Quick Engrave as the type. I’m getting reasonably good results. I’m not doing any pictures yet just clip art. I did purchase quick engrave but didn’t not have much luck other than burring up a lot of scrap. I would be interested in how othere are maiking out with T2.

Absolutely need a laser kit like that, the result you have are beautiful. Congrats

Wow really nice. I also just purchased the 2.8w JTech laser kit. Unfortunately I’ve been so busy the last two weeks I haven’t had a chance to set it up. As soon as I get back home I’ll be hooking this baby up and starting my trials. I definitely want to use the PWM function for more flexibility.

I have a J Tech and I have been a little disappointed in how long it takes to get a 6" x 6" image completed. There is a lot of time wasted rastering across space that has no color. I am using PicLaser is anyone else having that issue? The Inkscape module seems to be a lot better but uses double lines in place of single lines and does not fill in cavity of the image. Does anyone know of decent software for these CNC Laser engravers?

Our PicEngrave Pro 5 has the Skip White feature.

1 Like

I will check that out. I have the demo but did not think I needed it since picLaser had what was needed for CNC laser applications. I had thought about writing a C++ script to remove the all of the unneeded G code. Maybe I will post it.