Java in aspire

Does anyone know where I can find the Java program must be used to Aspire
And what is the difference between Java and JavaScript

from the java site
Key differences between Java and JavaScript:

Java is an OOP programming language while Java Script is an OOP scripting language.
Java creates applications that run in a virtual machine or browser while JavaScript

code is run on a browser only.
Java code needs to be compiled while JavaScript code are all in text.
They require different plug-ins.
this should be what you need if aspire is requiring java https://java.com/en/download/

1 Like

Java and JavaScript have nothing in common (aside from the obvious fact that they’re both programming languages); they share part of a name because of an ancient marketing issue inside Sun Microsystems. The description from the Java website is hilarious; I suspect it was written in the 90s and never touched again. No one would write it today. JavaScript is based around prototype inheritance and is fundamentally different from the Java inheritance model (although most people end up bolting on other kinds of inheritance frameworks), the “programming language” versus “scripting language” has no meaning, the VM argument is wrong and has been for years, lots of people compile JavaScript, the “JavaScript code are all in text” bit is bizarre and meaningless (and not even idiomatic English), and I have no idea what “they require different plug-ins” was ever supposed to mean.

I wouldn’t go get Java and install it on your own. If you’re running code that needs Java, they’ll tell you where to get it. (And they should probably include it in their installation package). The problem with installing Java on your own is that you really really DO NOT WANT to install support for Java browser plugins. Ever.

jave is to ham like javascript is to hamsters… both are edible but you have to have a special taste for both…

I haven’t had to install any kind of Java anything to run Aspire. Everything you need should come with it.

I think he is asking about Java so he can run UGS to send the guide from Aspire to the controller.

I do not see any other reason for Java.

That makes sense.