Job completion notification

That would be cool. Some jobs are proven solid and don’t need full time minding. A text or email would be great.

4 Likes

Grabs popcorn and a beer and waits for the safety police to arrive

1 Like

you mean we’re supposed to sit next to it for an hour and a half?

1 Like

Or if you are like me, I always watch the machine for a couple minutes to make sure it’s doin what it’s supposed to, then I usually get lulled into the whine of the 611 and mesmerized by the movements and the next thing ya know, it’s done! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Took me a while but I’m here! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hmmm I would have to defer to @Zach_Kaplan, are there are liability issues encouraging people to leave their machine unattended? Might be…

1 Like

Well…I’m no lawyer (but I watched Perry Mason) so I’m pretty sure a waiver would release liability. :slight_smile:
…maybe a clickable “waiver” button to get the job started?

In the interim, I’m really liking the baby monitor (the X-Carve being the baby, of course).

2 Likes

I just think doing stuff in the shop around the machine is ideal. What if you break a bit and you’re only 10% done. Or what if the depth is wrong and beats the machine up. At first this is a good idea, but more working with it. I’d rather keep an eye on it

Please don’t leave your machine while it is in operation. It is a machine tool and good safety protocol would require you being near it in case of emergency.

1 Like

I’m no lawyer myself…but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

3 Likes

Don’t worry, I’m not going to sue you. But I’m not going to listen to you either. LOL

Until I enlarge my primary shop the X-carve sits in a different building. That’s what leads me astray.
Plus the vacuum is so loud that it’s hard to stay in the room even with earmuffs.

1 Like