JTECH Laser Set-Up Causing Major Issues

I purchased the 4.2w laser from JTech. I installed Lightburn. I followed all directions and went over the setting with a tech on the phone. However, no matter what I do, when I start the job, the machine goes straight to the top right corner and doesn’t even attempt the job. Instead, it just goes to the top right corner and violently rattles and shakes. So, I said forget it, I’ll wait unitl Monday to call them back and I’ll work on some carvings.

Now, when I try to carve using Easel, the same exact thing happens. So now, I can’t use my machine to carve or laser engrave at all and I’m losing money on jobs because I don’t know how to fix this.

Not to mention, with the new Easel upgrade, anytime I go to move my machine in Easel, I have to set-up my machine every time. I’ve set it up three times now in the process of trying to get things fixed.

Can anyone in this forum please help me?

Change your grbl setting (for homing).
$22=0

I had the same issue. Jay at JTech walked me thru getting back on track. Give them another call. Their customer support is second to none.

Jay called me and we have the laser working correctly now. However, now the XCarve in Easel isn’t working. I set up a carve to test out the xcarve, and cutting a 2in letter is now carving at 7 inches. I’m not sure what is causing this.

$22=0 made it worse

The only thing $22-0 does is disable homing. If you have homing switches and use homing go back in and reset it to $22-1.

Sorry, I don’t use homing at all.
I’m pretty sure that it has something to do with the fact that Lightburn assumes that you have a laser that homes at the rear corner of your machine as opposed to a CNC that uses the front left corner.
I had the same problems when I first used Lightburn.
Pose your question the the Lightburn forum.
Oz will help you get it figured out.
By the way, you will end up having 2 different grbl settings.
One for the laser and one for the CNC.
It is an easy set up in the Lightburn software.
I have no idea as to how it may or may not effect Easel as I don’t use it at all.
These are my current settings.
I hope this helps you out.
GRBL SETTINGS.xlsx (9.6 KB)

1 Like