2 Likes

Mini jumanji…next to a lighter

7 Likes
2 Likes

is that yours?? :scream::astonished:

1 Like

Unfortunately, no. But I am embarking on a YouTube career…:sunglasses:

1 Like

This whole Jumanji thing is blowing my mind.

1 Like

Is there a Zathura version?

3 Likes

OMG that movie was strange

I thought the same thing. Mad skills he has but XCarve would have helped

Is there some files posted I missed or is this one of those things we call fan art and can’t be shared?

Looks pretty sweet!

I’ve seen these and I’ve wanted to make one forever. I have had this idea to make it functionally work like it does in the movie with with strong magnets and some type of arduino controlled belt and a RasPi but besides the hard part of making the board itself, this would be very hard as I have no experience with electronics on that level.

I have the electronics experience but it looks like this kind of project will have to be on hold for me as after Jan I will be moving to a small room where I will no longer be able to do any wood working. So I feel your pain only in the reverse way.

I hope the pictures upload, if they do then here is my latest attempt at a Jumanji board.

1 Like

I was about to post a new topic and this came up - Cool!
I’ve downloaded the STL files mentioned in the opening. But of course I want to CARVE the this project, not 3D print.

It seems to me that these files could maybe be converted somehow to BUMP MAPS or GRAYSCALE somehow to play nice with Easel.

The STL files cover four quadrants, as if the box is cut into four pieces - I assume so someone 3D printing on a smaller machine could work with them. I don’t see that as an impediment, I can simply carve one segment at a time to end up with one larger project at the end.

I’ve opened the STL files using a Microsoft 3D print application that must have come with my computer - never knew it was there. So, I can see a visualization - sort of like we see in Easel.

So, I have no idea what to do from here, how to start preparing / converting the the files. Please consider throwing a fellow carver a bone if you have some ideas.
I’ve uploaded the STL files for your convenience.
Thanks in advance

Jumanji.stl (2.7 MB) Jumanji_Part1.stl (759.8 KB) Jumanji_Part2.stl (770.2 KB) Jumanji_Part3.stl (794.9 KB) Jumanji_Part4.stl (794.9 KB)

forget easel. Use 3D capable software.

I do appreciate your reply. It doesn’t really move me forward though.
do you have any recommendations? IS that going to allow me to modify the files somehow so I can carve instead of 3D print?

I use V-Carve to carve 3d files (.stl). You can use Fusion360 to generate g-code to carve on the x-carve as that is free to use for hobbyists. V-Carve is a bit pricey.

You will have to google milling with Fusion360…I only did it once to try it out and switched back to V-Carve.

here is a good tutorial on how to use Fusion360 and the X-Carve.

I know they are using the carvey but it is the same process.

1 Like

Thanks Erik! I’ve tried to use Fusion360 - I found it intimidating!

I’ll try your suggestion about a search milling with Fusion360, but I suspect I’m gonna have to look at V-Carve. I just downloaded the trial version. I think I would opt for the$400 one - expensive, but it does look like it would increase my capabilities.
Thanks again!

1 Like

Kevin - I will definitely give this a try. I’ve tried getting into Fusion360 - but man, o man there are so many options and doo-dads, kind of a big commitment for a hobby. Hopefully, your tutorial idea will dumb it down for me.