Just a question about the J Tech driver jumper limits

I recently received my 2.8w laser kit from J Tech, and I do have it working. One thing I noticed though is the jumper limit settings seem wrong.

Mine had the little black jumpers (?) on the pins marked 3, 4 & 5. There is also one on one of the number 2 pins (like on the number 5 pin in the photo below), but not both. There is nothing on number 1.

But according to the J Tech site it should be as below:

Did mine arrive incorrectly set? As I said it is working but I am unsure if I have the correct current limit.

Any help would be appreciated

I assume the text orientation is same as pin sets. Is so yours has jumpers on 1,2, and 3.
4 and 5 are not jumped.

I agree with @MarkA.Bachman,

Mine has 1,2&3 jumpers connected and 4 &5 disconnected.

Since it seems that current level is a function of how many jumpers are “hot” I have no clue how much juice is being pushed through your laser. Since Inventables does not support Lasers, reaching out to JTech would be the best course of action and I would abstain from using it in the mean time to avoid frying it accidentally.

1, 2 and 3 set gives 1.5 amps. All 5 set gives 2.5 amps…this is from the manual:

Having all five jumpers on gives a maximum of 2.5 amps possible. Having three jumpers on gives a maximum of
1.5 amps. We recommend keeping it below the maximum current for your laser diode if you don’t want the
possibility of overdriving the laser which will probably kill it quickly.

I believe it is set for the first 3 jumpers for the 2.8 watt laser and all five for the 3.8 watt laser…mine is set for all 5 (3.8 watt).

Thanks everyone, but I think you have misunderstood my post.

I have pins marked 3, 4 & 5 jumped. Pins 1 & 2 are not jumped. As you can see in the photo from JTech, it states that you should start from pin 1 and work up from there. eg: 1&2&3 = 1.5A

I have 3&4&5 so I have no idea what current I am getting.

i’ve got very useful information here which i really appreciate everyone for posting. but i wanted to ask you Sam, have you found the answer to your question so far? thanks!

According to Jay from J Tech, it doesn’t matter what order the pins are jumped. 1&2&3 is the same current as 3&4&5, which is what I have so all good

1 Like