Just some of my projects/prototypes

I have the same problem with MDF. I am planing on picking up a down cut bit and see if that makes the difference.

1 Like

Down cut bits will make this come out perfectly (barring really bad depth and speed settings). It is the ONLY way I cut MDF. Actually 1/16" upcut bits work pretty well too and don’t produce ragged tops and broken pieces.

1 Like

depends on the plywood but yes, typically certain layers are very strong and dense. I just cut a birdhouse out of birch plywood at .1" per pass, 50" per minute without issue busing a 1/8" downcut bit.

1 Like

I got my new downcut bit and was very pleased with how well it cut!
(pics here: Cutting plywood with a downcut bit )

1 Like

Not sure but last night when I did a two stage carve it left a ridge like that with the first bit and then went back and cleaned it up with the detail bit. My whole carve was only about 3" in diameter though. Edit: Never mind, you were talking about the plywood void.

Yeah, caught that at the same time you were typing.

1 Like

That Ryan sign would look great in that one that has the knot in it if you could work it in (cross section of tree I believe)

1 Like

Super nice.

1 Like

PUNISHER.

1 Like

What size is your X-Carve? If you don’t need to carve anything larger than 25x25, Vcarve Desktop has 95% of the same features as the Pro version. Desktop does not support scripting, rotary wrapping or automatic part nesting.

But Desktop is only $349 versus $699 and if you ever decide you need one of those Pro features you can upgrade to Pro for just $349