Keel plate display podium

I am very happy with the X-Carve and Vcarve moulding toolpath generator in creating the specialized look for the podium to display a Navy ship keel plate. The legs are 4"x4" white cedar. The flat areas are ash wood. The laser work was done with a 50w ULS laser.

7 Likes

BZ. Outstanding work. Do you work at Ingalls?

I am in the Navy watching Ingalls build the ship. They are doing a great job in the build but as you can imagine the crew and I are anxiously awaiting the delivery. USS PORTLAND (LPD 27) will be delivered next summer. Looking forward to the turnover.

2 Likes

Just watch out for the lack of scuppers from the upper deck down the sloped sides. USS New Orleans looked like a zebra with all the running rust. I was in the Navy too (I guess you could tell that from the logo next to my name). I currently work at the Philadelphia Navy Yard, so I’m familiar with the USS Portland.

1 Like

@MarcCohen @JeremyHill. Nice job on the display and thanks for your service you are appreciated!!

1 Like

It was my honor and privilege to have served.

2 Likes

Thank you for your service. I will keep an eye out for the scupper and rust challenge. Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you for yours. A brand new ship is always an exciting time.

1 Like